We make our best photo assets available to the Texas State community on a continual basis. Since the communication needs and preferences of our partners are so diverse, we offer several photography solutions.
If you can't find what you're looking for, please explore our custom photography options.
Canto - Digital Asset Manager
We recently moved all our available photos into our new digital asset manager, called Canto. Particularly suited for web use, these selections tell the Texas State story in a beautiful, modern way. Images are free to download.
Click into the portal to view photos by category - Academics, Campus, Research, Student Life, Campus Buildings and Landmarks, and University Events. Use the keyword search in the upper right corner to find exactly what you're looking for.
- Navigate to our Canto portal, click on the 'Gato Web Banners' album on the left and preview image options.
- Do not download images; simply identify the file name of the image you wish to sample.
- Go to your website's Gato editing environment and select a page.
- Select "Set Banner Image" and then "Choose".
- Select "Upload a New Banner Image" and then "Select New".
- Locate the folder "official-texas-state-images".
- Inside that folder, locate the title of the image you identified earlier.
- Select "Choose" and then "Save Changes".
- Preview your image at different screen widths.
- Repeat until you are satisfied with your selection.