Digital Event Producer
Are you ready to join a unique group of creatives who have established themselves as the go-to professionals for all things marketing and digital at Texas State University? We’re in search of an exceptional and passionate digital event producer who will be responsible for the conceptualization, coordination and production of virtual and live event initiatives that rise to the level of the President’s office. You will need a strong mix of creative vision and practical production experience to deliver outstanding virtual events that engage viewers using only available resources.
We are a collaborative, imaginative, lean and highly autonomous team who are constantly trusted to deliver on high-impact projects. When we’re not producing work that our partners love, you can find us debating sports, movies and books.
What You’ll Do
- Manage projects and virtual events from inception to completion, successfully lead internal service teams, staff, external vendors and organizations. This includes but is not limited to: logistics, scheduling and staffing, keeping to event timelines and budgets.
- Lead brainstorming sessions to create virtual events and experiences that engage and entertain participants.
- Ensure that all teams, individuals and organizations involved in assigned projects understand roles and responsibilities clearly.
- Establish and maintain project production schedules to ensure a smooth end-to-end development plan.
- Maintain all project documentation in project management software and ensure project details are shared with the marketing team and partners in a timely manner.
- Oversee the entire video development process: asset acquisition, script writing, design, development, music selection, voice-over recording, etc., for multiple videos at one time.
- Produce multimedia materials, including basic presentation approaches and directing layout, design and copy writing.
- Provide quality assurance on every video project and virtual event.
- Lead debriefing meetings to continuously improve processes and outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education and experience.
- Three years’ experience in television broadcast production, film production or theater production.
- Experience in event and project management.
- Extensive knowledge of creative workflows in design, photography, video production, web development, event design and more.
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Five years’ experience in television broadcast production, film production or theater production.
- Technical experience in multi-camera live streaming or television production.
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates past experience working in a similar role.
- Ability to manage external vendors (individual artists and agencies) as well as develop project budgets and scoping documentation.
- Background working with cross-disciplinary teams of creative professionals: artists, designers, content strategists, technologists and videographers to develop effective communication design.
$5,900.00 monthly + commensurate with experience
- Amazing health insurance with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents
- Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays (2-week winter break!), sick days and more
- Excellent work-life balance resources: parent and family-friendly resources, comprehensive free wellness program
- Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
- An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off campus
- TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions