Texas State University’s Marketing department needs a Digital Advertising Strategist to elevate our digital presence and drive undergraduate recruitment.
You will work collaboratively with clients and our creatives to build efficient and effective marketing campaigns, using a variety of media tools and platforms to connect with outstanding prospective students.
It's a part-time position, 19.5 hours per week at $30/hr., working at the most vibrant, energized and incomparably beautiful campus in Texas.
What You’ll Do
- Manage advertising campaigns for undergraduate admissions initiatives
- Communicate with clients: gather requirements and success factors for campaigns, report status on a regular basis, make recommendations to optimize client budgets
- Initiate and direct creative advertising content through our team of designers
- Manage strategic search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) initiatives
- Stay current on paid media and digital trends and execute new ideas to meet marketing goals
- Work within a predetermined advertising budget effectively and efficiently
- Help to define paid media processes: planning, management, monitoring and measurement
We’re looking for someone with a formal education in fields such as digital media, marketing, media studies, etc. and a working knowledge of advertising opportunities and process for nonprofits, such as Google Grants, Twitter 5% value add, etc.
Google AdWords certification and/or Google Analytics Individual Qualification a plus, along with professional experience with higher education issues and audiences.
- Experience with some of the top advertising platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Google AdWords (search, display), YouTube and more
- Must show proficiency in campaign optimization based off performance data, troubleshooting issues and correctly testing new strategy
- Successful track record of presenting strategic paid media programs, recommendations and tactics for clients and effectively executing programs
- Professional experience across the digital and social space and knowledge of emerging trends and technologies
- Experience with site analytics tools and ability to pull and evaluate data from online measurement platforms
- Excellent everyday communication skills
- Proven ability to work autonomously and efficiently with limited supervision
To apply, send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.